Tax Deducted at Source:
- Every person has to pay tax on the income that is beyond the non-taxable income.
- This tax is deposited in the government treasury and used for the benefit of the people and for the development of the nation.
- There are various methods for depositing the tax. One such method is the TDS system. TDS stands for Tax Deducted at source.
- This means that the employer deducts certain fixed sum of money from the salary of the receiver which is deposited in the government treasury.
- This amount is later on adjusted at the time of tax payment and the remaining amount needs to be paid.
Methods of TDS payment:
There are several methods for this which include online TDS payment option too.
Online method of TDS payment:
- The online TDS payment is the most advanced method of tax deposition.
- The online TDS payment can be made on the online TDS payment site through the internet.
- The details need to be filled on the online TDS payment site after which the details of the card by which the payment is being made are asked.
- After submitting the details of the card on the online TDS payment site, the online TDS payment is made.
- The online TDS payment status can be checked on the online TDS payment site itself. Also, the online TDS payment status can be checked once the details of the payment are received on the email address of the payer.
- Thus not only is the online TDS payment easy, checking the online TDS payment status is easy too. There is no need to visit the online TDS payment centres for making the tax payment or for checking the online TDS payment status.
- The biggest advantage of making payment through the online TDS payment site there are no long queues and the payment is made instantly.
However, those who do not have access to the internet can check the online TDS payment status and make the payment of the tax by visiting the online TDS payment centres. There are several online TDS payment centres in various cities which can be visited to make the payment. This traditional method has also been made easy as the filling of complicated forms is no longer required. One simply needs to visit one of the online TDS payment centres and fill in a simple form and deposit the amount at the tax payment counters. There are usually more than one counter at all the online TDS payment centres to avoid long queues.